Human Factors Incident Investigation and Analysis
This two day training workshop will focus on the analysis of incidents and accidents and will clarify the process of identifying root causes using practical examples. The workshop will provide an overview of available analysis methods and the application of these to identify the underlying management and organisational deficiencies responsible.
• A better understanding of the contributors to incidents and accidents in the energy industry, a
major hazard sector
• Understanding of strategies that will help prevent further incidents
• Greater knowledge of the analysis methods available
• Confidence in selecting an appropriate analysis method through examples, case studies and
method selection criteria.
What does the workshop cover?
• Introduction to incident and accident investigation and analysis
• Overview of problems with incident investigations
• Human factors, safety management and safety culture
• Frameworks for understanding human behaviours and human failure types
• Timeline and nodes in an investigation and analysis
• Factors affecting human performance
• Practical examples of several specific analysis methods
• Selecting an appropriate analysis method
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone who is involved in incident investigation or analysis either as the lead investigator or part of the supporting team. Anyone with an interest in the topic that has basic knowledge of health and safety issues.
By the end of this course you will:
• Have a better appreciation of the deficiencies in current incident investigations and analysis
• Be familiar with the mechanisms of human behaviour and human failures
• Understand how to reach an understanding of the human and organisational root causes of incident and accidents
• Be able to use incident and accident information more productively to develop better strategies for prevention
Delegates will be provided with:
• A copy of the Energy Institute guidance document
• Course slides and accompanying notes
The bespoke training package includes the standard course, but also offers additional benefits:
• Flexibility in content, depending on your requirements
• The discussion of problems specific to your organisation, with expert tutors offering advice on
• Personalised case studies
• A more cost effective solution for larger groups of delegates
• The ability to deliver the course at a your own premises and at a time convenient to all delegates
Cost per course (for up to 15 delegates)
EI Company member: £7000+VAT
Non EI Company member: £8000+VAT
Please note that international course fees will differ from the above, depending on your location. For further information please contact the EI training team.
For more details on any of the training courses or to book please contact the training department on
t: +44 (0)20 7467 7155 or at e: firstname.lastname@example.org