EI LIVE free YPN webinar | Aberdeen’s Energy Transition
- 16:00 - 17:00
Online bookings are now closed. If you would like to book a place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does a city known as the oil and gas capital of Europe transform itself to support the energy transition? In recent years Aberdeen, in the North East of Scotland, has taken huge strides to examine its traditional oil and gas economy.
It committed itself to becoming a Net Zero City, with a net zero oil and gas basin on its doorstep. An Energy Transition Zone is being planned in the harbour area to diversify the economy into offshore wind, hydrogen and carbon capture usage and storage (CCUS). Additionally, the Scottish Government recently announced that an Energy Transition Fund will finance these initiatives and others, to help meet Scotland’s climate targets.
Our panel discussion will cover:
- The plans for the Energy Transition Zone and the Energy Transition Fund
- The opportunities they represent for alternative energy industries to grow in our region
- and what new roles they will provide to Young Professionals as a result
- Andrew Win – Programmes & Project Manager, Aberdeen City Council
- Charlie Hartley – Engagement Strategist, Pale Blue Dot
- Martin McCormack – Energy Transition Programme Director (CCUS/Hydrogen), Opportunity North East
- Molly Iliffe - Principal Consultant, ERM