EI LIVE free webinar | Is the rise of Asia Pacific the world’s biggest climate conundrum?
5.30pm Hong Kong/Singapore time
In the second of three international round tables held as part of the EI’s Generation 2050 initiative in the run up to COP26, young professionals will host senior figures from the world of energy to discuss urgent global challenges from different regional perspectives.
A Generation 2050 round table
This virtual round table will bring young professionals from Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore into conversation with senior industry, government and academic figures to examine the delicate balance between, on the one hand, the rise in energy demand forecast in the region, as universal access goal is pursued and growth economies industrialise and meet the needs of emerging urbanised middle classes, and, on the other hand, the challenges posed by energy transition and meeting the region’s contribution to the global net zero endeavour.
- Prof PS Lee FEI, Executive Director of the National University Singapore Energy Studies Institute
- Prof Christine Loh, Chief Development Strategist at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and former Under Secretary for the Environment in the HKSAR Government
- Kevin Liu, Regional Representative & Head of Energy Asia Pacific at Scottish Development International
- Lucy Cullen, Principal Analyst, APAC Gas & LNG Research, Wood Mackenzie
Moderators from the EI Young Professional Networks in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore:
- Rishab Shrestha AMEI, Senior Analyst at Wood Mackenzie Power & Renewables, Singapore
- Dr. Lim Eu Shawn, Head, Consulting and Project Delivery, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
- Melody Wong MEI, Sustainability Consultant, Arup, Hong Kong
This is one of a series of three international Generation 2050 round tables being held by EI young professionals networks around the world in the run up to COP26. When you register for this event, you will receive information and joining instructions for all three events. Provisional dates are: 9 Sept: Can the Middle East deliver on net zero? 24 Sept: Is the rise of Asia Pacific the world’s biggest climate conundrum? 20 Oct: Does foreign energy investment help or hinder the SDGs in the Global South?