22/11/2022 - 24/11/2022
Energy Institute 61 New Cavendish Street London, W1G 7AR
Non-Member: £1840.00 (excl. VAT)
Member: £1640.00 (excl. VAT)
Rob is a mechanical engineer with over 30 years’ professional consulting experience in the marine and oil & gas industry in both the upstream and downstream sectors. Areas of particular expertise include vibration and fatigue relating to structures, static plant, piping and rotating machinery. This includes topsides, subsea and onshore production systems.
Rob has been involved in the provision of specialist plant integrity and engineering consultancy to a number of operators and engineering contractors. This has included advice at the design stage as well as troubleshooting problems on operational plant, often at short notice and to tight timescales in Europe, the Middle East, North America and Australasia.
Rob is also a member of the Energy Institute Technical Committee and led the work of the sub-group which has developed the Energy Institute AVIFF guidance document.
- Vibration and fatigue associated with process equipment, piping and structures
- Structural dynamics
- Flow induced vibration (FIV)
- Flow induced pulsation (FLIP) & 'Singing Risers'
- Acoustically induced vibration (AIV)
- Measurement and monitoring system specification & development
- To raise the awareness of piping vibration as a failure mechanism
- To provide an understanding of the common vibration related issues on process pipework
- To provide an understanding of the use of the Energy Institute Guidelines as a management tool and assessment methodology to manage the risk of a vibration induced failure
- To provide a basic understanding of pipework vibration survey methods and associated assessment criteria
Day 1: Introduction to piping vibration
- Introduction and industry background
- Typical vibration problems found on process piping systems
- Overview of vibration and fatigue (basic terminology and principles)
- Piping excitation and response mechanisms
- Introduction to risk-based methods & the EI Guidelines
Training Team: firstname.lastname@example.org, 442074677178