EL LIVE Free Webinar | Renewables: Health, Safety and Sustainability
- 14:00 - 15:15
A free webinar, held ahead of the 2021 conference, to discuss building renewables in a safe and sustainable way.
5 November 2020: 14:00 - 15:15 GMT
EI Knowledge Partner:
Building renewables in a safe and sustainable way
About the webinar:
Over the next decade and beyond, the UK and European Union will be taking significant steps towards developing a new energy economy. A wide range of renewable energy technologies will reshape the way we meet our energy requirements and will be a key contributor to individual country’s net zero targets.
Faced with the challenges of this rapid growth and development, we need to ensure the hazards to people, plants, and the environment are managed.
Equally, COVID-19 being declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation in March 2020 has forced companies to reconsider how they operate – how do we maintain safety performance in a ‘socially distanced’ world?
During this series of webinars, we will be:
- Providing information on health and safety performance in the renewables sector
- Addressing ways to mitigate emerging risks and hazards by sharing best practices to ensure safe working for the industry and the communities in which they operate
- Promoting a strong, sustainable, and continually improved health and safety culture
Agenda:14:00 - Welcome from the chair
Lisa Mallon, EHS Executive - Wind, GE Renewable Energy
14:10 - Insights into EI’s G+ and SafetyOn
David Griffiths, Head of Safety, Health and Environment, SSE Renewables
David Armour, Director of HSEQ, Natural Power
14:35 - Building renewables in a safe and sustainable way
- What are the key health, safety, and environmental (sustainability) issues renewable sectors face?
- What is being done to address these?
- How has COVID-19 impacted how HSE is managed in your sectors?
- IBM GRAF and its use of cases for forecasting, outage prediction, vegetation management, probabilistic trading, emergency management, and more
Hasse Andreasen, Director of HSE, Ørsted Offshore
Rob D’Arienzo, Senior Meteorologist, Global Strategy Leader – Energy & Utilities, IBM
Graham Tyerman, Managing Director, Steel River Consultants
15:05 - Q&A
15:25 - Summary from the chair and closing remarks
Lisa Mallon, EHS Executive, Digital Services, GE Renewable Energy
Who should attend:This webinar will be of interest to those working in/as:
- Health, safety, and Environment (HSE) Professionals
- Business Sector Leaders
- Asset Managers
- Operations Managers
- Package Managers
- Civil Engineers
- Project Managers
- Research and Development
- Regulators and Authority Bodies
- Assembly and Lifting
- Health and Wellbeing Practitioners
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineers
- Offshore wind
- Onshore wind
- Energy from waste
- Energy storage
- Carbon Capture, Utilisation, and Storage (CCUS)
- Technology and Digitalisation Solution Providers
- New Energies
- Marine and Vessels Operations
- Transport and Logistics
- Regulation and Authority Bodies
- NGOs, Think Tanks, and Non-profits
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192