EI LIVE | Reservoir Microbiology Forum (RMF) 2020
Student - £75.00
Academic - £155.00
Company member - £275.00
Non-Member - £325.00
Member - £205.00
- Book now
The RMF is an excellent multi-disciplinary platform which brings together oil producers, scientists, technologists, engineers, academics and researchers from around the world to present, share and discuss the widespread and versatile effects of microbes in oil reservoirs.
11 - 12 November 2020: online event
Please note that registration closes at 17:00 on 10 November 2020
This respected forum provides a highly technical programme featuring the latest research and guidance on reservoir microbiology in oil fields, including biodegradation, bioremediation, and applications for oil recovery and enhancement.
Programme to be announced
Please note that members and non-members can book online, via the 'book Now' button. For all other rates please download the booking form.
Why attend RMF?
- Gain new technical knowledge and experience
- Raise your company's profile and build new partnerships
- Support the industry by sharing experiences that will benefit future microbial work
Topics to be explored:
- General Subsurface Microbiology
- Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion (fundamentals, mitigation strategies, modelling, and prediction)
- Souring (fundamentals, mitigation strategies, modelling, and prediction)
- Microbial Control (fundamentals, mitigation strategies, modelling, and prediction)
- Microbial and Chemical Monitoring
- Produced Water Treatment
- Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery and Microbial Upgrading
- Reservoir, Fluid and Biofilm Modelling
- Microbiology of Subsurface H2 and CO2 Storage
- Microbiology of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Innovative Technologies and Biotechnologies
Who attends this event?
As the effects of microbes in the oil recovery are very widespread and versatile, this event will be of interest to all professionals and students working on issues resulting from the detrimental or beneficial impacts of microbes in oil recovery.
Areas of work or research will include:
- Microbiology and molecular biology
- Production chemistry and engineering
- Geochemistry and geophysics
- Reservoir engineering
- Material sciences
- Computer modelling
The informal nature of this event makes it an excellent networking opportunity with delegates from all over the world representing companies, chemical suppliers, research institutes, universities, consultancies and service companies. Students are also encouraged to participate. The new online format will provide plenty of opportunities to interact with speakers and delegates, provide question and answer sessions, and access to written materials.
Join the RMF LinkedIn Group - stay in touch with other delegates and professionals in the industry.
This event is run by the Energy Institute (EI) with the support of a small working group within the EI's Microbiology Committee. The current RMF working group members are:
- Dr Anthony Mitchell, Equinor
- Dr Bart Lomans, Shell Global Solutions International
- Dr Carol Devine MEI, ICR Integrity
- Dr Kenneth Wunch, DuPont
- Professor Ian M. Head, Newcastle University
- Dr Lisa Gieg, University of Calgary
- Dr Paul Evans, Chevron
- Dr. Laura Machuca Suarez, Curtin Corrosion Centre
|EI Member: £205|
|EI Company Member: £275|
|Non Member: £325|
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192