Oil & Gas Industry Fundamentals - Awareness - Nigeria
- Abuja International Conference CentreHerbert Macaulay Way,Abuja.Nigeria
- 09:00 - 17:00
Member: $ 710.00
Non-Member: $ 790.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
OIL & GAS INDUSTRY FUNDAMENTALSIn this 2-day course delegates will learn about the key sectors of the oil and gas industry from exploration through to fuel retailing. The course comprehensively covers all aspects of the industry value chain including formation of oil & gas, exploration and production, reserves and reserves certification, valuation of crude oil, refining and petrochemicals, supply, distribution and storage of natural gas and refined products. This provides understanding and insight to the processes, drivers, threats and opportunities associated with the core industry activities
Who should attend this course?
- Those seeking a broader knowledge of the oil, gas and energy industry and markets
- New recruits to oil, gas and energy companies
- Those requiring an understanding of the oil, gas and energy value chain
- Financial and legal professionals
- Ministerial, governmental, industry bodies and development agency staff
- Consultants providing services to oil, gas and energy organisations
- Overview of Oil And Gas Industry
- Formation of Oil and Gas
- Exploration and Production
- Characteristics and Pricing of Oil and Gas
- Reserves and Reserves Certification
- Types of Crude Oil/Valuation of Crude Oil
- Options for monetising natural gas:
- Supply and Distribution of Natural Gas and Refined Products (including storage)
- The Economics of Oil & Gas
Participants in this course will:
- Understand the role of oil and natural gas in the global energy supply mix
- Appreciate the oil and gas value chains and the key characteristics of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors of the industry
- Be introduced to oil and gas pricing and the economics of the industry
- Review key recent trends in the industry and consider future challenges and opportunities.
₦300,000.00 (Three Hundred Thousand Naira Only).
10% Discount for EI Members
Group Discount available.
This course is delivered by two experienced oil & gas professionals.
Omowumi O. Iledare, Ph.D, the newly appointed Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) Professorial Chair in Oil and Gas Economics and Management at at the Institute for Oil and Gas Studies, University of Cape Coast, Ghana, is Professor Emeritus in Petroleum Economics and Policy Research at Louisiana State University, Center for Energy Studies, USA. He is the former Director, Data and Energy Information and former Director, US Gulf Coast Petroleum Technology Transfer Council also at Louisiana State University, Center for Energy Studies, Baton Rouge, USA. Iledare is also the immediate past Director of the Emerald Energy Institute, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He also recently served as petroleum fiscal policy team leader and member of the technical team advising the 8th Nigeria National Assembly Committees on Petroleum Industry Reforms from 2016-2019 and he has taught petroleum economics to oil gas professionals in academia, business and government worldwide since 1990s. An expert in Geopolitics of Oil and Gas Resources and Supply, Upstream Petroleum Economics, Management and Strategy, Petroleum Fiscal Systems Economics, E&P Decision Analysis under Risk and Uncertainty, and Oil and Gas Policy and Regulation Economics, Iledare is the Chirota and Emmanuel Egbogah Distinguished Professor and Executive Director of Emmanuel Egbogah Foundation, a gratis appointment, domiciled at the Emerald Energy Institute Building, University of Port Harcourt and the Executive Vice President at the International Institute for Petroleum Energy & Policy (IIPELP) Center for Energy Economics, Abuja.
Akinyemi Osinubi is a Chartered Financial Analyst with twenty years experience in Project Finance, Financial Strategy, Private Equity & Corporate Finance. His skillsets encompass financial modelling & valuation, business analysis & corporate planning, capital budgeting & forecasting, investment evaluation & due diligence, infrastructure project delivery via PPP and capital raising. As the Senior Country Officer for the IFC, he supported the Country Management Unit in coordinating activities of IFC clusters in Infrastructure & Natural Resources (INR), Manufacturing, Agribusiness & Services, (MAS) Financial Institutions (FIG), Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) in addition to having responsibility for the Public Private Partnership (PPP) Transaction Advisory program in Nigeria and briefing investment partners on Nigeria’s macro economic and sectorial performance. He currently runs an investment advisory firm for clients requiring market and financial strategy for their businesses.
- Training Team