18/10/2022 - 20/10/2022
Harrogate Convention Centre
Hazards is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading process safety conferences. First staged in 1960, it is an industry-focused event which shares good practice, current thinking and lessons learned in process safety, and offers valuable networking opportunities.
After two successful virtual conferences during the pandemic, IChemE is delighted to be holding Hazards 32 in person again this year, on 18–20 October 2022 in Harrogate, UK. This is an excellent opportunity for process safety and loss prevention professionals to reconnect with their peers, rebuild networks and renew their focus on good process safety practice.
As IChemE marks its centenary in 2022, Hazards 32 will also be a timely opportunity to celebrate progress in process safety and major hazard management, reflect on the lessons of the past and consider how we can apply them effectively to make tomorrow a better world.
Hazards 32 will promote sharing and learning in every major aspect of process safety to encourage continuous improvement, with a particular focus on:
- identifying and embedding good practice in major hazards management
- the role of executive leadership in managing major hazards
- understanding and managing the emerging challenges and the major hazard implications of new technologies and applications
- opportunities for sharing and learning across industries and sectors.
This builds on the themes of last year’s Hazards conference which resonated with attendees as the most important topics in major hazard management – particularly the emerging challenges of climate change, decarbonisation and the associated energy transition, new technologies such as digitalisation, big data, artificial intelligence, and the structural impact of COVID-19 on ways of working. Cross-sector learning was again seen as particularly valuable in providing new perspectives.
Hazards 32 in summary
- Technical presentations from industry practitioners, regulators and researchers
- Strategic views from plenary speakers
- Q&A and discussion sessions
- On-demand access to the presentations after the event
- Social and networking opportunities
- Exhibition hall
For more details and registration forms, please visit https://www.icheme.org/career/events/hazards-32/fees-and-registration/ .