EI LIVE free webinar | Introduction to Process Safety Management
- 10:00 - 11:00
- Book now
A free EI Live webinar, providing an introduction to Process Safety Management (PSM), based on the Energy Institute's PSM framework, widely used across the energy sector and beyond.
This free webinar will provide an overview of the Energy Institute's Process Safety Management Framework and the new eLearning course, providing an integrated overview of the 20 elements. taught by a leading expert in process safety and a former deputy director of the UK Health & Safety Executive.
- Understand what is meant by process safety and process safety management
- How process safety management differs from occupational health and safety
- Understanding the PSM framework and how each element links together
- Explain the relationship between process safety management and asset management / efficiency programmes
- How process safety management concepts developed
- Introduction to basic concepts of hazard and risk
- Introduction to the overall aims of the systematic management of hazardous operations and conditions
- Common PSM frameworks
- Energy Institute
- Process safety management and Seveso Directive
- Introduction to an outcome-based approach to process safety management to allow different local solutions which achieve the same aim / outcome
By attending the webinar you will receive a 25% unique discount code to register for the full online training course.
Ian was the former Deputy Director (Chemical Regulation) UK Health and Safety Executive and has over twenty-five years’ experience in the regulation of chemical and major hazard industries and in the investigation of major incidents to discover the underlying causes. He is an expert on process safety management, leadership and the establishment and implementation of key performance indicators for major hazard industries. Ian holds the Institute of Chemical Engineers’ Franklin Medal for his outstanding contribution to Process Safety.
Ian has over twenty five years’ experience in the regulation of chemical and major hazard industries and in the investigation of major incidents to discover the underlying causes. He led the joint HSE and industry response to the major fire and explosion at the Buncefield fuel depot in the UK and established the UK Process Safety Leadership Group.
He also chaired the international expert panel to publish the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Guidelines on Process Safety Governance which is now the global benchmark on Process Safety Leadership and is also a member of the Energy Institute process safety committee.
- Training Team
- +44 ( 0)20 7467 7178