This multi-format advanced training qualification supports experienced energy managers to further advance their careers by gaining the skills and knowledge required to function successfully at a senior level and be able to manage energy across a wide range of business areas and activities of an organisation.
You will learn how to make, communicate and implement effectively strategic decisions and influence an organisation’s policy through their leadership skills.
- 120-hour self-paced online training course, can be started at any time and worked through at your own pace. You will be assigned an expert tutor who will be available to provide support via telephone or email.
- Split 9-day (3 x 3-day blocks) face-to-face training course, delivered at the EI Offices in London.
- Block 1: 30 September–2 October 2024
- Block 2: 11–13 November 2024
- Block 3: 2–4 December 2024
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded the Energy Institute's Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM) training qualification.
This course will help fulfil many of the knowledge criteria required for becoming a Chartered Energy Manager. It will also help demonstrate your CPD on your application and speak with confidence on a range of energy management topics during your interview.
Please note that this course runs face-to-face once each year. Given the popularity of this course, we recommend booking as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
30/09/24 - 4/12/24
Member price: £2600.00 + VAT
£2600.00 + VAT
Non-Member price: £3250.00 + VAT
£3250.00 + VAT
Member price: £2360.00 + VAT
£2360.00 + VAT
Non-Member price: £2950.00 + VAT
£2950.00 + VAT
What will I learn?
- 120 CPD hours of energy management training, including a real-life project
- Preparatory material and slides from training sessions
- Exercise spreadsheets from training sessions designed for use within your organisation
- Tutor supervision and support for a work-based feasibility study
- Exam assessments leading to the Energy Institute Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM) qualification
Who is this suitable for?
- Experienced Energy Managers
- Professionals with 4+ years of energy management experience who are responsible for managing energy within their job function and who are tasked with improving energy efficiency while reducing energy costs
- Professionals who are currently working in a manager-level role and have successfully completed the Energy Institute's Level 2: Energy Management Professional training qualification or the AEE's Certified Energy Manager (CEM) program or equivalent
- Professionals who are thinking of applying for EI Chartered Energy Manager status and wishing to fill in any gaps in their knowledge
The classroom element was excellent. Each day the discussions, were interesting and very informative. I learned something in every session. The industry experience of all tutors is very relatable for us professionals and all were very friendly and engaging. Most enjoyable overall. I learned lots of new information and new material to reference when working on future projects. I am delighted to have completed the course.
Energy & Sustainability Manager, Cory Riverside
In terms of using the training in my work, the project is a live work in progress. Great ideas on strategic energy planning and energy leadership. I would change nothing about the programme, it is a great course, well administered, managed and delivered. I really enjoyed it, liked everything about it, and it met all my expectations... 9 days of listening, learning and conversation.
Estates Officer, Dublin City University
This course exceeded my expectations. It was delivered by a number of energy industry professionals with years of experience, who all ensured that each topic was explained and talked through until everyone in the room was comfortable with it. Discussions and knowledge sharing were encouraged during every lesson, creating a great networking atmosphere. We started the course as a group of strangers, but even though the course finished almost a year ago, we still carry on meeting over good food or a drink to discuss the energy industry and our next career steps.
Senior Energy Manager, Viridor