The Energy Institute offers two routes to becoming an ESOS Lead Assessor - through successfully applying to join the EI's Energy Efficiency Experts, or by becoming a Chartered Energy Manager and completing the additional ESOS requirements.
This two-hour self-paced online ESOS Lead Assessor training course is the final step of becoming an EI ESOS Lead Assessor, it should be taken once applicants have successfully passed the application process to become a Lead Assessor and must be completed within one month of your acceptance, as a condition of approval and confirmation of your status.
This CPD can count towards your CPD requirement for your first year as ESOS Lead Assessor.
Before you undertake this course, you should read current government guidance on ESOS.
Please note that this training is designed primarily as the final stage for those who have already successfully completed the main application process to be admitted onto the Register of Energy Efficiency Experts or onto the register of Chartered Energy Managers approved to act as lead assessor for ESOS. It does not qualify you as an ESOS Lead Assessor on its own – you must demonstrate your competence and experience through applying to become an approved ESOS Lead Assessor through one of our application routes.
However, anyone wishing to complete the course for informational purposes only is also welcome to enrol - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member price: £65.00 + VAT
£65.00 + VAT
Non-Member price: £65.00 + VAT
£65.00 + VAT
What will I learn?
- Changes in approach for Phase II vs Phase III
- Beneficial actions to take before commencing Phase III assessments
- Purpose of ESOS and the timetable for compliance
- How to confirm whether a given organisation qualifies for ESOS
- Methods of conducting an ESOS assessment
- Reporting requirements of ESOS
- Roles and responsibilities (including CPD) of an ESOS Lead Assessor and their involvement in each route to compliance
- EI’s role within the Scheme
- How to encourage the implementation of ESOS beyond compliance
Who is this suitable for?
- EI Energy Efficiency Experts or Chartered Energy Managers who have successfully passed the application to become an EI ESOS Lead Assessors - this course needs to be completed within one month of the EI's acceptance as a condition of approval and confirmation of your status
- Anyone wishing to complete the course for informational purposes only