Aviation Jet Fuel - September 2020
- London and Home Counties
- <p>Energy Institute</p> <p>61 New Cavendish Street,</p> <p>W1G 7AR, London</p>
- 09:00 - 17:00
Non-Member - £2690.00
Member - £2450.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This 3-day training course will provide delegates with an overview of aviation jet fuel, focusing on the jet engine, its underlying principles and fuel requirements as well as the critical characteristics of jet fuel, including additives, Industry best practice adopted in the supply, handling and use of aviation fuel.
COVID-19 Update - Please note that this training course will take place either online or at the Energy Institute head office in London, depending on whether the government lockdown restrictions have been lifted.
Instructions on whether the training is taking place online or at the venue will be sent to all bookers nearer the time.
By the end of this course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- The jet engine, its underlying principles and fuel requirements
- The critical characteristics of jet fuel, including additives
- Industry best practice adopted in the supply, handling and use of aviation fuel
- Real-life problems associated with the contamination of fuel and solutions to remedy them
- The practical side of operations at an airport storage depot and a laboratory
- Aviation fuel standards, traceability and quality assurance.
Who should take this course?
- Senior Project Engineers
- Regional Managers
- Terminal/Depot Managers
- Supervisors and Inspectors
- The jet engine – Starting with the basics of how a jet engine works and examining why fuel parameters are critical.
- Production of fuel – Looking at major aspects of the production of fuel, the refining processes used and examining the current and possible future sources of jet fuel.
- Contaminants – Description of contaminant types in jet fuel and their prevention and control, including particulate, water, other fuels, additives, and microbial contamination.
- Specifications and standards – Why specifications are required and how they are developed. Jet fuel procurement specifications and fuel handling standards will be explained. Filtration – Description of Energy Institute standards. Explanation of the fundamentals of filtration and filtration types and how they are used.
- Additives – A look at what additives are permitted in jet fuel, their purpose and their use in manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Field tests – An overview of various field tests in preparation for demonstration and use on day 2.
- A visit to an airport storage facility – Field test demonstration, including hands-on testing. Airport fuel farm guided tour with explanation of equipment and procedures.
- Static electricity – A guide to identifying and controlling risks.
- Laboratory visit – Demonstration of laboratory test methods, sampling equipment, product quality defect investigations, and microbial testing.
- Storage, distribution and quality control – A discussion of operational challenges in distribution systems. A guide to equipment and best practice.
- Fuel receipt, refueller loading and into-plane refuelling – Overview of standard practices
- Certification and record-keeping – Fuel Traceability and Quality Assurance
- Certification and product quality workshop – A chance for attendees to participate. The focus will be on product authentication and product quality data verification.
- Inspections (IATA, JIG, CAA) – Maintaining and developing best practice. • Safety – An overview of industry standards and how the previous three days of learning is applicable to safety.
Related Conference: UK MoD Aviation Fuels Committee Meeting
Date to be confirmed
This event, hosted by the Energy Institute on behalf of the Defence Strategic Fuels Authority, provides delegates with the most comprehensive overview of the latest aviation fuel specifications and standards available anywhere in the world in 2020. Attend to stay up-to-date with the latest specifications and standards, which will, in turn, allow you to increase the efficiency and competence of your aviation fuels business.
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178