Introduction to Process Safety Management
- London and Home Counties
- <p><strong> </strong></p>
Member - 1590.00
Non-Member - 1790.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This 3-day course is based on the renowned Energy Institute High level framework for process safety management - a comprehensive process safety management framework which captures industry good practice in process safety management.
About this course?
The course will illustrate how the PSM Framework can be applied to identify address the hazards that are involved in the most industries and provide assurance that risk is being managed to a tolerable level. Moreover, delegates will be taught how to integrate Process Safety Management with Asset Management Programmes, and behavioural safety programmes and support quality systems which aim to provide assurance on delivery of key business objectives.
Why the EI PSM training course?
- The course is based on the Energy Institute’s renowned High level framework for process safety management guidance document
- Learn from an expert tutor, who has extensive experience of carrying out PSM implementation for many companies in a wide variety of industry sectors
- Delegates will receive an EI PSM training certificate from the Energy Institute.
This 3-day course will provide an introduction to Process Safety Management, providing participants with an understanding of:
- What is Process Safety Management.
- Why Process Safety Management is Important and
- how it can improve overall business performance.
- The key constituent parts of effective Process Safety Management arrangements and how they operate. Addressing:
- The objective of each Element of the EI PSM Framework.
- Key principles and essential features.
- Key Metrics and how to identify and assess which processes are working / not working.
- Implementation approach
The course will also incorporate a facilitated workshop session during which the course participants will review a number of incidents and learn how the implementation of arrangements meeting the Expectations of the EI PSM Framework could have addressed the identified causes and prevented these incidents for happening.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for anybody who would like to develop and expand their understanding of process safety, within the energy sector and the wider network, such as water, power and nuclear sectors. This is including, but not limited to:
- Safety professionals
- Those involved in major hazard processes, design and operations.
Introduction: Overview of Process Safety Management
- The questions we need to be able to answer
- What can go wrong
- What do we have in place to prevent this from happening
- Are these arrangements in place & operating correctly
- Introduction to the EI PSM Framework
- Overview of how the Elements of the EI PSM Framework work together to manage and improve Process Safety and overall business performance.
Developing and sustaining a culture that embraces process safety
- Leadership Commitment & Responsibility
- Identification and compliance with Legislation and Industry Standards
Understand Hazards and Risk
- Identifying and understanding what can go wrong and what needs to be done to prevent this from happening.
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
Putting in place and managing the controls required to manage the identified risks to a tolerable level.
- Employee Selection, Placement and Competency and Health Assurance
- Workforce Involvement
- Communication with Stakeholders
- Process Documentation, Records and Knowledge Management
- Operating procedures
- Process and Operational Status Monitoring
- Management of Operational Interfaces
- Standards and Practices
- Management of Change and Project Management
- Operational Readiness and Process Start-up
- Emergency Preparedness
- Inspection and Maintenance
- Management of Safety Critical Devices
- Work Control, Permit to Work and Task Risk Management
- Contractor and Supplier, Selection and Management
Review and Improvement
Learning from internal and external experience and assuring compliance.
- Incident Reporting and Investigation
- Audit, Assurance, Management Review and Intervention
Facilitated Workshop Session
Participants will work in groups to review a number of incidents and identify how the implementation of appropriate arrangements meeting the Expectations of the EI PSM Framework could have addressed the identified causes and prevented these incidents for happening.
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178