EI LIVE free webinar | Can the Middle East deliver on net zero? – a Generation 2050 round table
- Middle East
This event is now closed for bookings. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
In the first of three international round tables held as part of the EI’s Generation 2050 initiative in the run up to COP26, young professionals will host senior figures from the world of energy to discuss urgent global challenges from different regional perspectives.
This virtual round table will bring young professionals from the Middle East into conversation with senior industry, government and academic figures to examine the risks and opportunities to Middle East economies of the need to act on global climate change, in particular whether the necessary public policy and investment commitments are in place in the region to bring about change at the pace required.
- Tim Gould, Chief Energy Economist, International Energy Agency
- His Excellency Dr Abdul Hussain Bin Ali Mirza HonFEI, President, Sustainable Energy Authority– Kingdom of Bahrain
- Jasim Husain Thabet, Group Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, TAQA
- Binu Parthan, Head of Regions at IRENA
Moderators from the EI Young Professional Network Middle East:
- Shahda Al Taie AMEI, Assistant Manager, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, EY
- Piotr Konopka, AMEI, Senior Manager for Energy and Decarbonisation Programmes, DP World
This is the first of a series of three international Generation 2050 round tables being held by EI young professionals networks around the world in the run up to COP26. When you register for this event, you will receive information and joining instructions for all three events. Provisional dates are:
9 Sept: Can the Middle East deliver on net zero?
24 Sept: Is the rise of Asia Pacific the world’s biggest climate conundrum?
20 Oct: Does foreign energy investment help or hinder the SDGs in the Global South?