EI LIVE | Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis - June 2021
Non-Member: £1550.00 (excl. VAT)
Member: £1330.00 (excl. VAT)
- 7 June 2021: Welcome seminar
- 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 June 2021: Main course elements over one week
Why the EI's Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis training course?
Human Factors is recognized as a key topic for addressing safety in the oil, gas, onshore chemical plants, pharmaceutical manufacturing and power generation sectors.
This course covers all the topics necessary to produce the human factors analyses to satisfy COMAH safety report submissions, together with guidance on producing the associated procedures and competency management documentation based on these analyses.
This is arguably the most important Human Factors topic area to get right for upper and lower tier COMAH sites. There is a lot of attention on this topic from the regulator but it is also foundational to the other topic areas and directly links with procedures and competency management. Besides reducing the risk of failure due to human error around COMAH critical tasks, the methods and techniques taught on this course can also lead to quality and production enhancements, as tasks are thoroughly reviewed and improved.
Whether you’re starting your journey into SCTA, you are more experienced and want to brush up on best practice tools and techniques, or whether you just want to know what a good quality SCTA involves so you can be an intelligent customer when procuring these services from others, this course will suit you.
- The course is in accordance with the EI guidance document on Human Factors Safety Critical Task Analysis.
- Delegates will receive an EI certificate after completion of the course.
- The course is accredited with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
Upon completing this training course, delegates should:
- Understand the regulatory context around Human Factors and SCTA
- Understand the different types of human error that need to be addressed within process safety
- Be able to use techniques such as Hierarchical Task Analysis, Human Failure and Consequence analyses, and Performance Influencing Factors evaluations for simple tasks
- Be able to develop risk-informed procedures and competency standards based on the results of the SCTA work
- Be aware of practical hints and tips for running SCTA workshops and walkthroughs
- Start to think about developing policies and a programme of work using SCTA to address human factors in process safety, with particular emphasis on satisfying regulatory requirements such as COMAH
Who should take this course?
- Plant Mangers
- Process Safety specialists
- Process plant designers
- Senior process operators
- Procedures and training developers
- Introduction to human factors (HF)
- Predicting and preventing Slips, Mistakes and Violations
- Addressing Human Factors in Major Accident scenarios for COMAH safety reviews
- Task and error analysis tools and techniques.
- Human failure identification, identifying and improving factors affecting error probability
- Using task and error analysis to develop ‘Risk Aware’ Procedures and Competency management
- 1hr recorded webinar on Critical Task Identification and prioritisation
- 1hr recorded webinar on HRA quantification and incident analysis
- 1hr recorded webinar on practical experience of embedding Human Factors and a programme of SCTA in an organisation
- 20hrs of video talks, quizzes, exercises, workshops, and webinars.
- As well as the live training programme delegates will have access to all the course materials and the Human Factors Risk Manager (HFRM) which is a specialist tool for conducting SCTA for 2 months.
- If you’re interested in doing the course over 5 weeks rather than 1 week to have more time and flexibility or would like a self-directed version of the course done at your own pace and schedule, then please email the Training Team to discuss the options.
- If you have 10 or more people from one organisation then in-house options can be explored, again please enquire via email.