Digital Transformation in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Aberdeen, Highlands & Islands
- <p>Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8BL, UK</p>
- 2018-12-06 00:00:00.000
- 09:00 - 17:00
ACADEMIC - 150.00
Student - 85.00
Company member delegate - 250.00
Non-Member - 300.00
Member - 200.00
- Book now
Featuring technologies such as data analytics, blockchain, internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI), attend to discover the best technologies to transform your operations.
Digital technologies are set to transform the industry to become better connected and more intelligent, efficient, reliable and sustainable.
The use of data analytics, blockchain, internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI) is increasingly important to keep up with the growing energy demand. The benefits are clear, from improved efficiency to reduced costs, so why has uptake been slow? Factors affecting the uptake of increased technology include the risk of cyber attacks and the possible loss of jobs. Increased involvement from the government, including updated policies and initiatives can help in building digital resilience capabilities and organisations can also share their best practices in driving energy policy in this new era.
Our one-day interactive workshop will allow you to quiz digital companies on the latest technologies, how they can transform your operations, the impact this has on efficiency and costs and the future skill set needed to overcome the current barriers and bring the oil and gas sector into the digital age.
Topics explored include:
Insights from the industry
- Which advanced technologies and new business models are disrupting the energy system?
- Which digital technologies have had the greatest impact?
- Where has digitalisation improved energy efficiency?
- Which innovative approaches have increased performance?
- Developing cutting edge technology that reduces environmental impact
The digital journey
- The importance of R&D in producing tomorrow’s oil and gas
- How can the oil and gas industry compete with Silicon Valley in terms of securing and attracting the latest talent?
- Insights into cross-sector learning: what can we learn from other industries?
- Digital transformation and innovation in today’s business world: why cultural change is essential
Case study: The balancing act between digitalisation and cybersecurity
- How can risk mitigation support digitalisation?
- The importance of privacy and data ownership
- Protecting the integrity of data
- Cyber threats: assessing the risks
- How to prepare against an attack and what measures should organisations take?
Includes technologies such as:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Data and analytics
- Software innovation
- Process and optimisation
- Block Chain
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart technologies
- Machine learning
- 3D printing
Attend to engage with digital consultancies through innovative solution-based round-tables, technical presentations and panel discussions. Increased use of technology in all industries is here to stay and is only set to get bigger – review your organisation’s strategy now to ensure you don’t fall behind in this new wave of digitalisation.
Looking for accommodation?
Find hotels nearby: https://hotelmap.com/events/M2YHK-LV-QkZGQjdYOVNaQg
EI Knowledge Partner
Interested in becoming a digital partner?
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192