This NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (IGC) will provide students with an internationally recognised qualification that will provide a broad understanding of key health and safety issues, suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety.
Delivered in partnership with:
About this course:
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (IGC) is an internationally recognised qualification that will provide you with a broad understanding of key health and safety issues.
The NEBOSH IGC is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, offering a solid platform on which to progress to either of the NEBOSH Diploma courses. No prior health and safety knowledge is required.
- Online/E-Learning 12m access
- Virtual Classroom 10 days
- Identify workplace hazards and offer advice on corrective and preventative measurements.
- Understand the role and objectives of the International Labour Organisation
- Plan and implement an effective health & safety policy
- Influence behaviour to create a positive health & safety culture throughout an organisation
- Undertake risk assessments and accident investigations and recommend suitable action
- Undertake a health & safety audit
The NEBOSH Certificate is aimed at those working in health and safety and want to develop a career in safety management. It is suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff from all functions not just health and safety, from organisations in all sectors.
The following topics are covered by the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety:
The NEBOSH Certificate is divided into three two units, each of which is assessed separately:
IG1 Management of international health and safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
IG2 Risk Assessment
- Element 1: Physical and psychological health
- Element 2: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 3: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 4: General workplace issues
- Element 5: Work equipment
- Element 6: Fire
- Element 7: Electricity
IG1 – open book examination 4 hours
IG2 – practical assessment – 3 hours
- Virtual Public Course (MS Teams) £1,250 +VAT
- Online £670 +VAT
Training Team: email@example.com, +44 (0)20 7467 7178