EI LIVE free webinar | Targeting Net Zero
- 11:00 - 12:00
Charting your organisation’s response to the climate emergency
11 June 2020 The UK is one of a growing number of countries that has set itself on an ambitious journey to cut greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050 to prevent the worst impact of climate change.
11.00 - 12.00
As part of its contribution, the EI has pledged to end the impact of its operations on the climate. In May we set science-based greenhouse gas emission reduction targets for our central operations through to 2035, en route to reaching net zero well before 2050.
The EI invites you to join our experts in energy and carbon management as they demystify this process for organisations small and large.
This insightful free webinar, chaired by the President of the Energy Institute Steve Holliday FREng FEI, will include an opportunity for you to put your questions to the panel and also get their tips for embarking on the net zero journey in your own organisation.
Agenda:Chair – Steve Holliday FREng FEI, President, Energy Institute
- EI’s commitment to cut emissions to net zero well before 2050
- EI products and services for energy and carbon management
- EI’s wider agenda – urgency, decade of delivery
- Overview of Pledge to Net Zero scheme: requirements, importance of framework, transparency, credibility
- Explainer: science based targets, scopes, baselines
- Snapshot of other organisations who have pledged
- The process of setting the EI’s target, putting together a carbon reduction action plan, calculating the carbon footprint, baseline year, boundaries and scopes
- Where from here – carbon reduction action plan: technologies for SMEs to consider
- The BT experience of establishing targets, baselines, and how the process differs for large complex multi-site organisations
- EI's net zero journey - read more about our science-based targets
- Powering Net Zero - a new conference, designed to discuss ways in which clean electricity and electrification will be essential in reducing emissions globally to net zero
- Energy Efficiency: The Road to Net Zero – this conference will explore the approaches and strategies that leading energy practitioners are adopting to enable cost-effective energy savings and rapid emissions reductions needed to meet the UK's net zero target
- Energy Management Training - the Energy Institute's energy management training programmes are designed to support energy management professionals throughout their career, with over 30 courses now available to take online
- EnergyAware - a 30 minute interactive online tool that allows all staff to identify practical energy saving opportunities both in their home and workplace
- EI Awards - show off your achievements in the world of energy by submitting an entry for the EI Awards
- Energy Management Collection - thousands of free resources for EI members
- Amna Khan
- + 44 (0) 20 7467 7119