EI LIVE free webinar | UK MoD Aviation Fuels Committee Webinar
The UK MoD Aviation Fuels Committee Meeting takes place 16 - 17 March 2021 - book your place here.
About the event:
This online event is designed to enable you to stay up-to-date with the latest specifications and standards, and therefore increase the efficiency and competence of your aviation fuels business.
The event, hosted by the Energy Institute on behalf of the Defence Strategic Fuels Authority, provides delegates with the most comprehensive overview of the latest aviation fuel specifications and standards available anywhere in the world in 2020.
This is an essential meeting for all aviation fuel stakeholders, including all airframe and engine OEMs, refiners, distribution companies and suppliers.
Meeting arrangements - Mike Famery
Welcome notes and the DSFA - Gp Cpt Jamie Miller
2) Aviation Fuel Specifications and Standards
Def Stan 91-091 Issue 12 proposals - Tina Gleaves
ASTM Updates – including FIA dye - George Wilson III
3) Sustainability, Alternative Source and New Fuels
FAA Update on Alternative Jet Fuel - Mark Rumizen
SAF Global Situation, ICAO and IATA - Robert Boyd
4) Operational and Field Issues
Recent SAP events - Margaret Adamson
Journey Away from Filter Monitors - Rob Midgley
5) OEM update
Issues for consideration in future fuel specifications
6) Test Methods
IP test method update - Kevin Bower
JFTOT reference Fluid - Steve Zabarnick
EI LIVE free webinar | Changing energy demands – implications for infrastructure and storage
- 11:00 - 12:30
Please note that registration closes at 17:00 on 24 November 2020
25 November 2020, 11:00 - 12:30 GMT
Storage and infrastructure are critical to the delivery of a resilient net zero energy system, enabling our changing energy demands to be supplied by a new, low carbon energy supply mix. With high investments, long asset lives and long build times, the decisions made today will have direct impacts on our efforts to become net zero in 2050.
With the imminent release of the National Infrastructure Strategy, please join our esteemed panel of experts from across the energy sector to explore the implications of changing energy demands on infrastructure and energy storage. The panel will cover both the big whole system questions on long term strategy as well as questions on near term system needs.
11.00 Welcome from the chair
Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, Chief Executive, The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA)
11.05 Energy Systems Catapult introduction
Dr Alex Buckman, Practice Manager, Networks and Energy Storage, Energy Systems Catapult
11.15 Panel discussion
Moderator: Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, Chief Executive, The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA)
- Juliet Davenport OBE, CEO & Founder, Good Energy
- Julian Leslie CEng, Head of Networks, National Grid Electricity System Operator (ESO)
- Ross Ramsay, Senior Consultant and Mott MacDonald Project Manager for Net Zero Infrastructure Industry Coalition, Mott MacDonald
- Chris Buckland, Technical Director, Lightsource BP
- Dr Alex Buckman, Practice Manager, Networks and Energy Storage, Energy Systems Catapult
12.30 End of webinar
Key questions explored:
- How will infrastructure and storage need to change to support net zero energy systems?
- What are the challenges to infrastructure and storage deployment?
- How will the interaction between energy networks change in net zero energy systems?
- What are the low regrets options that can be done now, which will contribute to a net zero energy system?
- Where are the key needs for innovation within infrastructure and energy storage?
New bookers: after creating an account with the Energy Institute, you will receive a verification email before you can book. If you do not receive this, please contact email@example.com to validate your account.
EI LIVE free webinar | Targeting Net Zero
- 11:00 - 12:00
11 June 2020 The UK is one of a growing number of countries that has set itself on an ambitious journey to cut greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050 to prevent the worst impact of climate change.
11.00 - 12.00
As part of its contribution, the EI has pledged to end the impact of its operations on the climate. In May we set science-based greenhouse gas emission reduction targets for our central operations through to 2035, en route to reaching net zero well before 2050.
The EI invites you to join our experts in energy and carbon management as they demystify this process for organisations small and large.
This insightful free webinar, chaired by the President of the Energy Institute Steve Holliday FREng FEI, will include an opportunity for you to put your questions to the panel and also get their tips for embarking on the net zero journey in your own organisation.
Agenda:Chair – Steve Holliday FREng FEI, President, Energy Institute
- EI’s commitment to cut emissions to net zero well before 2050
- EI products and services for energy and carbon management
- EI’s wider agenda – urgency, decade of delivery
- Overview of Pledge to Net Zero scheme: requirements, importance of framework, transparency, credibility
- Explainer: science based targets, scopes, baselines
- Snapshot of other organisations who have pledged
- The process of setting the EI’s target, putting together a carbon reduction action plan, calculating the carbon footprint, baseline year, boundaries and scopes
- Where from here – carbon reduction action plan: technologies for SMEs to consider
- The BT experience of establishing targets, baselines, and how the process differs for large complex multi-site organisations
- EI's net zero journey - read more about our science-based targets
- Powering Net Zero - a new conference, designed to discuss ways in which clean electricity and electrification will be essential in reducing emissions globally to net zero
- Energy Efficiency: The Road to Net Zero – this conference will explore the approaches and strategies that leading energy practitioners are adopting to enable cost-effective energy savings and rapid emissions reductions needed to meet the UK's net zero target
- Energy Management Training - the Energy Institute's energy management training programmes are designed to support energy management professionals throughout their career, with over 30 courses now available to take online
- EnergyAware - a 30 minute interactive online tool that allows all staff to identify practical energy saving opportunities both in their home and workplace
- EI Awards - show off your achievements in the world of energy by submitting an entry for the EI Awards
- Energy Management Collection - thousands of free resources for EI members
- Amna Khan
- + 44 (0) 20 7467 7119