EI LIVE free webinar | Hydrogen: the User Experience
- 14:00 - 15:30
Free webinar - limited places available
As the world turns its efforts towards bringing the Paris Agreement into reality, and managing a green economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic, all low-carbon options need to be on the table. Hydrogen is a potential low-carbon solution with applications across heat, industry and transport.
But there are challenges to overcome: can future use of hydrogen be safe, affordable and produced in a low-carbon way? And what would it be like to use hydrogen?
A new online guide from the Energy Institute answers these questions and more to help inform non-experts about the opportunities of, and barriers to, a hydrogen-powered future. Please join us for the launch of Energy Essentials: A Guide to Hydrogen and presentations from our expert panel.
- Introduction from the Chair – Steve Holliday FREng FEI, President, Energy Institute
- Demonstration of Energy Essentials: A Guide to Hydrogen
- Presentations from the panel:
- Dr Jenifer Baxter CEng MIMechE CSci MEI MIMMM, Head of Engineering, IMechE – Hydrogen – the big picture
- Adam Madgett, Project Manager, HyDeploy2, Northern Gas Networks – Blending hydrogen in the gas network: A UK demonstration project
- Dr Chris Jackson CEng FEI, Director, pHY Consulting Ltd. – Hydrogen for renewable energy storage at scale: opportunities and challenges
- Mike Muldoon, Head of Business Development, Alstom UK&I – Hydrogen for transport
- Panel discussion and Q&A
- Closing remarks from the chair