Find an ESOS Lead Assessor
The EI has two listings of energy efficiency professionals approved as meeting the required standards for ESOS Lead Assessor: the Register of Professional Energy Consultants (RPEC) and the listings of Chartered Energy Managers approved for ESOS.
The EI has two listings of energy efficiency professionals who are approved to act as ESOS Lead Assessors, the Register of Professional Energy Consultants (RPEC), and our listing of Chartered Energy Managers approved as ESOS Lead Assessors. You can use these to find an experienced energy efficiency profession who can work through the ESOS process with you and help you identify real energy efficiency savings.
All professionals on our listings required to hold Chartered status and follow a strict Code of Conduct (link), so you can be sure that your organisation will get the best energy advice and that the services you receive are up-to-date, timely and professional.
The list of In House Lead Assessors lists those Chartered Energy Managers who are approved to act as ESOS Lead Assessors but perform that role within their own organisation. Some have moved into consultancy roles and may be available to be contracted to perform ESOS assessment on a consultancy basis.
The following Chartered Energy Managers are approved to act as ESOS Lead Assessors and offer their services to businesses
The ESOS Toolkit
The EI’s ESOS toolkit is designed for those undertaking ESOS audits. This toolkit can be used by anyone working towards ESOS compliance, whether you are an ESOS Lead Assessor or are working within a company preparing to appoint an assessor.
The toolkit includes:
- Tool A: Overview and introduction - a guide to ESOS and the toolkit
- Tool B: Total Energy Consumption tool - collate energy data for a Company or Group in either units of energy cost, energy consumption or distance, and produce a view of the total energy profile.
- Tool C: ESOS Audit Template - outlines the scope, content and output of a best practice ESOS Audit.
- Tool D: Life Cycle Cost Analysis tool - collate data from scenarios and determine the life cycle cost analysis of business as usual verses an investment in new equipment. Compare over a defined period of between 1 and 20 years.
- Tool E: ESOS Commercial considerations - advice for consultants entering into an agreement with a client to conduct ESOS work. (May also be useful from a client point of view when hiring a consultant.)
For more information, watch our webinar: A guide to using the ESOS Toolkit
- Members of the EI’s Lead Assessor registers (RPEC or Chartered Energy Manager): £99 + VAT - to order please contact us at e: email@example.com
- Other EI member: £149 + VAT
- Non-member: £299 + VAT
10% discount for purchase of five or more toolkits in the same transaction.
More about ESOS
- ESOS Briefing: A more detailed guide to the ESOS legislation and its requirements. Download the Briefing
- ESOS FAQs: The most common questions about ESOS compliance and regulations answered. Download the FAQs
- ESOS Presentation: slides from our presentation - ‘Preparing for ESOS Phase 2 – Applying the lessons learnt in Phase One’, presented at the 2018 Edie Energy Management Forum. Download the presentation slides