EI LIVE | Introduction to LNG - May 2021
- London and Home Counties
- <p>Energy Institute,</p> <p>61 New Cavendish Street,</p> <p>W1G 7AR, London</p>
Non-Member - £1350.00
Member - £1250.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
EI LIVE Training
This 4-day course provide all the benefits of a classroom course without having to use your budget and time to travel to a venue. Training will be provided each morning over a period of days and conducted live by our expert tutor, Zoe Reeve Young, on the Energy Institute learning management and video conferencing system, allowing delegates to engage with the tutor in real time and ask questions, exactly as in classroom-based training.
Precise timings and joining instructions will be sent to all delegates closer to the time.
This course provides an introduction to the technology and economics of the global LNG industry. By the end of the course participants will appreciate the core technologies underpinning the LNG industry in Liquefaction, Shipping and Regasification. They will also have an understanding of global LNG markets, of the contracts that form the basis for much of the world’s LNG trade, of the economics of LNG production and sale and of recent trends in the industry.
- Overview of the LNG industry
- What is LNG
- Introduction to the Industry – history and evolution of the LNG industry
- Major players
- Major projects
- Recent developments - the value chain (traditional LNG) and the cost chain (USLNG)
- LNG Industry Today - Challenges and Opportunities in LNG
- The LNG value chain — Liquefaction, Shipping and Regasification
- The process of Liquefaction – technology providers
- Location of major Liquefaction facilities
- LNG Tankers – Design and operation
- LNG bunkers
- Onshore versus Offshore regasification
- Floating LNG and Small Scale LNG
- Floating LNG – Risks, Challenges and Opportunities
- Is small scale LNG viable?
- Introduction to LNG Economics and Markets
- Overview of LNG Markets and Trade Flows
- Commercial drivers – from both producer and buyer’s perspective
- Risks and returns in each part of the chain Security of Supply
- LNG contracts – long term SPA’s
- Short term trading of LNG
- Pricing of LNG in key markets
- Niche/small markets
- LNG regional pricing today and trends
- The future of LNG
Who should attend?
The course is ideal for those new to the oil and gas industry or to the LNG sector. It is suitable for candidates from a non technical background
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178