Corrosion Under Insulation - Level 1 Online
Non-Member: £185.00 (excl. VAT)
Member: £170.00 (excl. VAT)
Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) is one of the biggest asset integrity threats on onshore and offshore plants costing millions of pounds each year. This online course was developed by INSPECTEGRITY in a project supported by the Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC) and will be enable delegates to:
- Understand how CUI occurs
- Understand why CUI is such a threat to Asset Integrity
- Know where to look and what to look for - able to identify a potential CUI location.
Who should attend?
CUI will be useful for inspectors, NDT technicians, fabric maintenance personnel and any member of maintenance and operations teams of onshore and offshore assets.
- What is CUI?
- Where does CUI occur?
- Why does CUI occur?
- Consequences of a CUI failure
- Costs of CUI
- What is the mechanism of CUI?
- Cyclic changes of temperature
- Corrosion mechanisms
- Potential locations of CUI
- Signs of CUI
- De-lagging and Safe de-lagging
- Remedial works
- Reinstatement of insulation
- Why insulation is applied
- Why passive fire protection (PFP)?
- Insulation types
- Mitigation of future risk of CUI
As a result of this online course, it is expected that personnel will be more confident that they can find asset integrity threats relating to corrosion under insulation that may be present on their plant.
Please contact the training team at email@example.com for a bulk quotation.