Non-Member: £1825.00 (excl. VAT)
Member: £1460.00 (excl. VAT)
To register for this event, please log in to the website or create an account.
An introductory qualification providing a comprehensive, practical overview of the fundamentals of energy management.
This 60 hour online course provides participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation and meet their organisation's environmental goals.
This course can be started at any time and can be worked through at the participant’s own pace. Participants are each assigned an expert tutor who will be available to provide support via telephone or email. You will also be able to interact with others on the course through the course forum on the online learning centre.
Who should take this course:
- Those looking to begin a career in energy management or have recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
- Those looking to conduct internal energy audits for ESOS (with guidance and sign-off from a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor)
- Those who would like to refresh their knowledge before pursuing an EI upper-level training course
- Those coming from a wide range of fields including procurement, facilities management, finance, CSR and sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding of the field of energy management.
- Introduction to energy management: Building an energy management process
- Metering and buying
- Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
- Regulations and standards
- Energy auditing in practice
- Energy auditing: Report writing
- Energy management solutions
- Energy management: Project development
- Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
- End of course exam
- Independent project: Energy audit & report
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve the Energy Institute's Level 1 'Certificate in Energy Management Essentials' training qualification. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute's Level 2 'Energy Management Professional' training qualification.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
- This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge or experience of energy management
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent + some experience using Microsoft Excel is required
- Pre-reading: Energy Essentials: A Guide to Energy and Carbon Management
Looking to learn more about managing carbon and energy? Check out our free online Carbon & Energy Management guide.
“It was perfect for me, offering the right length of study over a flexible period. If I came across any sections I needed more support with, I was able to speak with the tutor online and by phone.”
Dean Noden, Sales and Marketing Director, Enercom
"The online centre made communication fast and easy, and the tutors were readily contactable and extremely helpful. I would give the course a 10/10 and would recommend it to anyone interested in energy."
Joseph Hargreaves, Corporate Governance, Inteb
"I would recommend it to anyone who has the responsibility to paying the energy bills at any organisation. They could benefit from more knowledge and understanding of energy management."
"Very good course and structure - It's a great 1st step towards becoming an energy manager. I really enjoyed it and I feel I've gained a lot of useful knowledge."
"I thoroughly recommend this course to anyone starting a new role in the energy management sector."
Training Team: email@example.com, 02074677178