04/11/2024 - 08/11/2024
61 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 7AR
Non-Member: £2249.00 (excl. VAT)
Member: £1799.00 (excl. VAT)
To register for this event, please log in to the website or create an account.
This 5-day course delivers a comprehensive introduction into human factors for non-specialists. It provides a practical, engaging and interactive background to key topic areas, as well as to how human and organisational factors can be applied within the workplace.
A Chartered Psychologist and Registered (Chartered) Member of the Chartered Institute for Ergonomics and Human Factors. He has over 30 years of consultancy and training experience in Human Factors across oil and gas, nuclear, transport, defense, and emergency services. He brings immense practical experience in applying human factors and can share lessons learned on its successful implementation. Having delivered numerous Human Factors courses to engineering, safety, and operational personnel, he can help relate Human Factors to your work
About this course
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive practical introduction to human factors, giving non-specialists a basis from which to begin implementing Human and Organisational Factors (HOF) within their work. Successful candidates will receive the Human Factors Foundation Certificate from the Energy Institute and Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF), allowing them to demonstrate the skills that have been gained during the course.
By the end of this course participants should understand:
- the meaning of HOF and the scope of the subject
- common approaches to the management of HOF, and appreciate the benefits of applying these approaches in a major accident hazard context
- how HOF techniques can be integrated with other risk management activities
Who should take this course?
- Those working within operating companies - including managers, operators and supervisors (anyone with a responsibility for people, safety and the environment)
- Those receiving university training as a prelude to working within major accident hazard industries (eg. engineering degrees, business degrees, (such as MBA’s) as well as recent graduates
- Receive a professional certificate from the Energy Institute (EI) and the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
- Improve HSE performance by applying common approaches to the management of HOF in a major hazard context
- Understand the meaning and scope of Human and Organisational Factors (HOF) and their impact of behavior
- "Excellent course, well presented by those who are practicing the skills that they teach."
- "This course provides a really good and strong introduction to HFO. The content and the trainers are good and well experienced. That helps to have a view on how HFO can be implemented in projects and organization."
- "HF course was very good and gave me the necessary insight required to become more involved with HF during major projects. It also gave me a good understanding of techniques and methods used by HF consultants such as HRA and HTA and how they apply them and be more confident in participating in these areas."
- "It´s a great opportunity to assess a overall view of HOF and its importance in the safety assessment of the industry. The content of the course covers all the main issues with the length and depth required, and the teachers have far enough knowledge and experience to provide it."
Training Team: firstname.lastname@example.org, 02074677178