UK MoD Aviation Fuels Committee Meeting
- London and Home Counties
- <p>The Montcalm London Marble Arch<br />2 Wallenberg Place<br />Marylebone<br />London<br />W1H 7TN</p>
Non-Member - £255.00
Member - £255.00
Receive essential guidance and updates on aviation fuel specifications, including those for aviation turbine fuel, Def Stan 91-091 and aviation gasoline, Def Stan 91-090.
Please note that although there is no ban or UK Government restriction on international conference attendance, as a precaution we have taken the difficult decision to postpone the AFC 2020 meeting. A number of companies have imposed travel restrictions on employees and in order to maximise the attendance and benefits of the meeting it should be delayed until later in the year.
MOD and the EI are currently in discussion with the venue to secure a date in early October. Once this is finalised and confirmed we will publish the new dates.
About the event:
This two-day meeting is designed to enable you to stay up-to-date with the latest specifications and standards, and therefore increase the efficiency and competence of your aviation fuels business.
The event, hosted by the Energy Institute on behalf of the Defence Strategic Fuels Authority, provides delegates with the most comprehensive overview of the latest aviation fuel specifications and standards available anywhere in the world in 2020.
This is an essential meeting for all aviation fuel stakeholders, including all airframe and engine OEMs, refiners, distribution companies and suppliers.
- Dr. Alisdair Clark, Aviation Fuels Research and Development, BP
- Antonis Christodoulakis, Technical Director, JIG
- Christopher Lewis CEng FEI Chartered Energy Engineer, Aviation Fuels Consultant, CLFC
- Dan Wispinski, Standard Methods Development Manager, VUV Analytics
- Paul Pilkington, Gauging Systems Specialist, Airbus
- Gp Cpt Jamie Miller, Director, Defence Strategic Fuels Authority, UK Ministry of Defence
- Tom White, Standardization Manager, UK Ministry of Defence
- George Wilson III, Principal Scientist, Southwest Research Institute
- Gurhan Andac, Engineering Leader, Aviation Fuels & Additives, GE Aviation
- Jeff Trewella, New Venture Consultant, BrightMark Energy
- Mark Rumizen, Aerospace Engineer, Federal Aviation Administration
- Bastien Rauch, Scientist, Project Manager, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Miloud Ouadi, Researcher, Birmingham University
- Simon Blakey, Research Fellow, The University of Sheffield
- Michelle Carter, Aerospace and Aviation Manager, Knowledge Transfer Network
- Robert Boyd, Manager, Environment – Alternative Fuels, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Rob Midgley, Global Technical and Quality Manager, Shell Aviation
- Patrick Bosman, Product Quality Officer, NSPA/CEPS Programme Office
- Kevin Bower MEI, Deputy Global Product Quality Manager, Air BP
- Niklas Christensson, CEO, Eralytics
Topics explored include:Aviation Fuel Specifications and Standards
- Def Stan 91-091 Issue 12 proposals
- AVGAS – including lead replacement additive and reduction of TEL
- DStan Review Process
- ASTM Updates – including FIA dye
- Inclusion of cetane in spec and why it is an interesting parameter
- IP test method update
- JFTOT reference Fluid
- Permitvity test method
- VUV aromatics
- Dielectric test method
- ERAJET FAME
- Kathon Biocide
- Kerojet 8118
- Recent SAP events
- Journey away from filter monitors, including filtration field trials
- FAME update
- ICAO & IATA global update
- Membrane Filters – Investigation using digital microscopy
- CEPS entry criteria
- FSII issues in out of area operations
- Fracking Issues
- HEFA with aromatics
- UK Clearing House
- EASA Clearing House – updates on metrics and benefits
- Jet Screen
- Flex Jet
- New Jet – Is what we have now the best solution?
- FAA update on sustainable fuel
- Plastics to Jet Fuel
Who will you meet?
This event sells out every year, providing delegates with excellent networking opportunities. Attend to meet with senior officials from high-profile organisations, including Boeing, Airbus, United Airlines, Intertek, BP, Shell, Virgin Atlantic, Rolls-Royce plc, Chevron, BAE Systems, Total, Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines Ltd, ExxonMobil, and the U.S. Navy.
The conference will be taking place at the Montcalm London, Marble Arch. To view hotel deals nearby and book your stay, please visit:
Related Training Course: Aviation Jet Fuel
15 - 17 September 2020, London
This 3-day training course will provide an overview of aviation jet fuel, focusing on the jet engine, its underlying principles and fuel requirements, as well as the critical characteristics of jet fuel, including additives, industry best practice adopted in the supply, handling and use of aviation fuel.
More information →
Interested in learning more about the EI's role in transport fuel?
Robert Midgley, EI Partner and Global Technical and Quality Manager from Shell, discusses how important the EI's role is in having standards around equipment, filtration, fuel handling and fuelling standards for manufacture and transport.
- Francesca Ferrari
- +44 (0)20 7467 7192