15/11/2023 - 16/11/2023
Hybrid - 61 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 7AR / Online
Non-Member: £499.00 (excl. VAT)
Member: £299.00 (excl. VAT)
Abstract submissions are now open: enter by 21 July 2023 for the opportunity to speak at this event.
The RMF is an excellent multi-disciplinary platform that brings together oil producers, scientists, technologists, engineers, academics, and researchers from around the world to present, share, and discuss the widespread and versatile effects of microbes in oil reservoirs. This respected forum provides a highly technical programme featuring the latest research and guidance on reservoir microbiology in oil fields, including biodegradation, bioremediation, and applications for oil recovery and enhancement.
Submit an abstract
Simply write 450 words or less on your chosen topic
- General Subsurface Microbiology
- Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion (fundamentals, mitigation strategies, modelling, and prediction)
- Reservoir Souring (fundamentals, mitigation strategies, modelling, and prediction)
- Microbial Control (fundamentals, mitigation strategies, modelling, and prediction)
- Microbial and Chemical Monitoring
- Produced Water Management
- Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery and Microbial Upgrading
- Reservoir, Fluid and Biofilm Modelling
- Microbiology of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Microbiological aspects of Hydrogen and CO2 Transport and Storage
- Emerging Technologies
- Role of microbiology in low carbon solutions
Why should you submit an abstract and present at RMF?
- Increase the visibility of your work
- Gain recognition for your technical knowledge and experience
- Raise your company’s proﬁle
- Support the industry by sharing experiences that will benefit future microbial work
Areas of work or research will include:
- Microbiology and molecular biology
- Production chemistry and engineering
- Geochemistry and geophysics
- Reservoir engineering
- Material sciences
- Computer modelling
The informal nature of this event makes it an excellent networking opportunity with delegates from all over the world representing companies, chemical suppliers, research institutes, universities, consultancies and service companies. Students are also encouraged to participate. The hybrid format will provide plenty of opportunities to interact with speakers and delegates, provide question and answer sessions, and access to written materials.
Join the RMF LinkedIn Group — stay in touch with other delegates and professionals in the industry.
As the effects of microbes in oil recovery are very widespread and versatile, this event will be of interest to all professionals and students working on issues resulting from the detrimental or beneficial impacts of microbes in oil recovery.
- EI Members - £299 + VAT
- EI Company Members - £399 + VAT
- Non-members - £499 + VAT
- Speakers (oral and poster) - £199 + VAT
- Academic staff - £199 + VAT
- Students - £120 + VAT
This event is run by the Energy Institute (EI) with the support of a small working group within the EI's Microbiology Committee. The current RMF working group members are:
- Dr Anthony Mitchell, Equinor
- Dr Bart Lomans, Shell Global Solutions International
- Dr Carol Devine MEI, NCIMB
- Dr Kenneth Wunch, Lanxess
- Professor Ian M. Head, Newcastle University
- Dr Lisa Gieg, University of Calgary
- Dr Paul Evans, Chevron
- Dr Renato De Paula, Solvay Oil & Gas
- Dr. Laura Machuca Suarez, Curtin Corrosion Centre
Are you interested in microbiology training?
Join our Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion (MIC) — Corrosion Management & Failure Analysis course
13-14 November, In-person — London
- Apply Corrosion Management principles to assessing, mitigating and monitoring the corrosion threat of MIC
- Apply and interpret state-of-the-art MIC diagnostic methods
- Understand sampling procedures for various sample types obtained in the oil and gas industry
- Plan and execute a failure analysis investigation where MIC is the root cause
As MIC is taking place the week of RMF, you can receive a 10% discount if you've already booked onto RMF. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Take me to MIC
Contact us to become a sponsor
Francesca Ferrari: email@example.com, +44 (0)20 7467 7192
Book to attend in person
Book to attend online