11:00 - 12:30
Please note that registration closes at 17:00 on 24 November 2020
25 November 2020, 11:00 - 12:30 GMT
With the imminent release of the National Infrastructure Strategy, please join our esteemed panel of experts from across the energy sector to explore the implications of changing energy demands on infrastructure and energy storage. The panel will cover both the big whole system questions on long term strategy as well as questions on near term system needs.
11.00 Welcome from the chair
Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, Chief Executive, The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA)
11.05 Energy Systems Catapult introduction
Dr Alex Buckman, Practice Manager, Networks and Energy Storage, Energy Systems Catapult
11.15 Panel discussion
Moderator: Dr Nina Skorupska CBE FEI, Chief Executive, The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA)
- Juliet Davenport OBE, CEO & Founder, Good Energy
- Julian Leslie CEng, Head of Networks, National Grid Electricity System Operator (ESO)
- Ross Ramsay, Senior Consultant and Mott MacDonald Project Manager for Net Zero Infrastructure Industry Coalition, Mott MacDonald
- Chris Buckland, Technical Director, Lightsource BP
- Dr Alex Buckman, Practice Manager, Networks and Energy Storage, Energy Systems Catapult
12.30 End of webinar
Key questions explored:
- How will infrastructure and storage need to change to support net zero energy systems?
- What are the challenges to infrastructure and storage deployment?
- How will the interaction between energy networks change in net zero energy systems?
- What are the low regrets options that can be done now, which will contribute to a net zero energy system?
- Where are the key needs for innovation within infrastructure and energy storage?
New bookers: after creating an account with the Energy Institute, you will receive a verification email before you can book. If you do not receive this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to validate your account.
Francesca Ferrari: email@example.com, +44 (0)20 7467 7192