The Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector is an industry-recognised qualification to build human performance capability in your organisation. This introductory 2-hour self-paced online module from the pathway builds awareness of core human performance challenges.
During this fully interactive module, you will explore video case studies and discover how the human performance topics have contributed to, or can help us to avoid, incidents.
Once you have completed this Introductory Module, you will receive a certificate of completion and you may wish to consider signing up to Level 1.
About the Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector
Developed by the Energy Institute and the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF), the Full Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector is a unique professional development self-paced online learning pathway, the first of its kind, developed specifically to address a business need for human factors skills. It covers all levels – from building awareness of human performance, all the way to developing skilled practitioners.
Comprised of an introductory module and three levels:
- Introductory Module: Human Performance for the Energy Sector (Awareness)
- Level 1: Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector (Basic)
- Level 2: Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector (Intermediate)
- Level 3: Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector (Advanced)
Learners can journey on the pathway only as far as they need to; those who complete all levels of the pathway will be in a good position to apply to become a Technical member of the CIEHF. Download the course brochure for more information.
Bulk orders can be made by organisations, you will be given your own corporate area, and will be able to monitor learner progress for competency assurance purposes. Please contact the Training team for more information.
What is human performance?
Human performance is about what people do as part of a system to help manage risk and keep us safe, it’s about understanding the human factors involved with how people interact with plant, equipment, processes and each other. All major hazard industries rely on high levels of human performance to improve safety and reliability
Member price: £20.00 + VAT
£20.00 + VAT
Non-Member price: £25.00 + VAT
£25.00 + VAT
What will I learn?
- Core human performance topics, tools and techniques (scoring as ‘awareness’ level on the CIEHF competency criteria)
- The factors that can affect human performance
- Key human performance challenges
- How human performance can be managed through design, people, and processes
Who is this suitable for?
- Most professionals in high-hazard industries
- Frontline workers
- Senior leaders