The Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector is an industry-recognised qualification to build human performance capability in your organisation. Level 2 of the pathway is a 120 hour self-paced online course that teaches how to manage human factors more broadly.
Targeted at safety managers, operations managers and those those who intend to become human factors specialists/champions. Learners will need to use ‘intermediate’ level tools and techniques and will review their organisation’s current practices and policies more broadly.
This course encourages you to improve your ability to manage human performance with a ‘learning by doing’ approach. Level 2 consists of reading materials (‘basic’ level), practical and desktop exercises, and end of module exams. There are five modules that are required to be completed.
Once you have completed Level 2, you will receive a certificate of completion and you may wish to consider signing up to Level 3.
About the Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector
Developed by the Energy Institute and the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF), the Full Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector is a unique professional development self-paced online learning pathway, the first of its kind, developed specifically to address a business need for human factors skills. It covers all levels – from building awareness of human performance, all the way to developing skilled practitioners.
Comprised of an introductory module and three levels:
- Introductory Module: Human Performance for the Energy Sector (Awareness)
- Level 1: Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector (Basic)
- Level 2: Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector (Intermediate)
- Level 3: Human Performance Pathway for the Energy Sector (Advanced)
Learners can journey on the pathway only as far as they need to; those who complete all levels of the pathway will be in a good position to apply to become a Technical member of the CIEHF. Download the course brochure for more information.
Bulk orders can be made by organisations, you will be given your own corporate area, and will be able to monitor learner progress for competency assurance purposes. Please contact the Training team for more information.
What is human performance?
Human performance is about what people do as part of a system to help manage risk and keep us safe, it’s about understanding the human factors involved with how people interact with plant, equipment, processes and each other. All major hazard industries rely on high levels of human performance to improve safety and reliability.
Member price: £999.00 + VAT
£999.00 + VAT
Non-Member price: £1250.00 + VAT
£1250.00 + VAT
What will I learn?
- ‘Intermediate’ competence in how to manage key human performance issues, using intermediate tools and techniques (equivalent to ‘intermediate’ level on the CIEHF competency criteria)
- Practical experience in applying human performance tools and techniques in your work
- A pragmatic, flexible and transferable skill set in human factors
- Specialism in key topics of your choice, such as task analysis or accident investigation
Who is this suitable for?
- Anyone who needs to manage human factors more broadly
- Anyone who has responsibility in the subjects covered by the modules
- Anyone wishing to become human factors specialists / champions
- Safety Managers
- Operations Managers
- Accident Investigators
- Design Engineers
Mr M Wright
A Chartered Psychologist and Registered (Chartered) Member of the Chartered Institute for Ergonomics and Human Factors. He has over 30 years of consultancy and training experience in Human Factors across oil and gas, nuclear, transport, defence, and emergency services. Michael brings immense practical experience in applying human factors and can share lessons learned on its successful implementation. Having delivered numerous Human Factors courses to engineering, safety, and operational personnel, he can help relate Human Factors to your work