To register for this event, please log in to the website or create an account.
The human performance pathway is an industry recognised qualification to build human performance capability in your organisation.
Developed by the Energy Institute and the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF), the pathway is an eLearning training course for all levels – from building awareness of human performance, all the way to developing skilled practitioners.
Learners can journey on the pathway only as far as they need to. Those who complete all levels of the pathway will be in a good position to apply to become a Technical member of the CIEHF.
What is human performance?
Human performance is about what people do as part of a system to help manage risk and keep us safe, it’s about understanding the human factors involved with how people interact with plant, equipment, processes and each other. All major hazard industries rely on high levels of human performance to improve safety and reliability.
Who is the course for?
The introductory eLearn builds awareness of core human performance challenges. It is suitable for most people in the organisation, including frontline workers, supervisors, managers and senior leaders.
In this fully interactive eLearn, you will be introduced to key human performance challenges. You will do this by exploring video case studies and discovering how the following human performance topics have contributed to, or can help us to avoid, incidents:
- Performance shaping factors
- Work as imagined vs. work as done
- Workload, stress and fatigue
- Safety culture
- Hazard identification
- Situation awareness
- Incident investigation
- Task analysis
- Behaviour-based safety
- Crew resource management (teamwork)
The eLearn is self-paced, however it has been designed to be completed in approximately 2 hours.
Why should you take this course?
- You will gain an awareness of core human performance topics, tools and techniques (scoring as ‘awareness’ level on the CIEHF competency criteria)
- You will gain an understanding of the factors that can affect human performance.
- You will better understand how human performance can be managed through design, people, and processes.
- After completing the eLearn, you will be prepared to move onto Level 1 of the Human Performance Pathway.
- You will receive a certificate of completion.
- If you are an organisation, you will be given your own company area, and will be able to monitor learner progress for competency assurance purposes.
Once you have completed the Introductory Module you may wish to consider signing up to Level 1.