Fellow of the Energy Institute (FEI) is our highest level of membership
- thought leaders and influencers, innovators and commentators
- talent nurturers who go out of their way to help others achieve their goals, connect people in their area or upskill
- advancers of knowledge, research or policy
- champions of particular aspects of the sector, groundbreakers or grafters …
Fellows come from all parts of the energy sector – they have a passion for achieving the best for energy and wider society.
Sound like you? Why not apply? Or if you know someone who you think fits the bill, and deserves recognition, make a nomination.
Whoever they are, they will have a passion for achieving the best for the energy sector and wider society, have made a contribution which is positive, distinctive, significant and/or sustained - and show they are prepared to ‘give back’ and play a key role in helping the EI or the wider energy sector move forward.
How do I apply?
There will be a range of categories against which you will be able to make your application for Fellow – you will be able to choose the category which bests fits your achievements and/or contribution. An application pack will be available to download here once applications reopen this autumn.
Make a nomination!
Do you know someone who deserves recognition for their achievements in energy or contribution to the sector. You will be able to make a nomination here, using the form which will appear once applications reopen this autumn.
The fellowship categories
- Leading in energy
- Advancing energy as a senior practitioner
- Entrepreneurship in energy
- Innovating in energy
- Technical expertise in energy
- Advancing energy knowledge through research
- Contributing to the understanding of energy
- Developing energy policy
- Championing inclusivity in energy
- Championing sustainable practice and carbon reduction
- Championing access to energy
- Promoting excellence in academia
- Supporting professional development and career progression
- Contribution to the EI as a volunteer or representative
- Championing the energy sector as a career choice
There is no fee to apply and the annual fee for 2022 is £184. If you join half way through the membership we pro rata the fee, and if you are already a member, you just pay the difference for that part of the year remaining
No, not at all, and many people apply directly.